Travelling by taxi during the corona outbreak has its advantages. You don’t have to share a taxi with other travellers, like public transport. The driver cleans the corona-sensitive parts of the vehicle, such as the handles and the seatbelts, after each ride.
The corona guidelines have expired as of March 23, 2022. But if you need to travel to a COVID test location by taxi, or you have a vital trip to make but suffer from complaints that fit in with COVID-19, please read on!
Taxi to the COVID test street
Are you looking to book a taxi to the test street? Then don’t forget to book a round trip! Add about 30 minutes for the return ride to the time you want to be picked up at home.
There are several test locations in Amsterdam:
- Amsterdam Zuid: Paviljoen Zuid at the RAI, Europaplein 24
- Amsterdam Nieuw-West: Testlocatie Amsterdome, Seineweg 2
- Amsterdam Nieuw-West: Slotervaartziekenhuis (Atalmedial), Louwesweg 6
- Amsterdam Noord: Paviljoen Buikslotermeerplein, P1
- Amsterdam Zuidoost: Behind Bijlmer Sportcentrum, Anton de Komplein 157
- Amsterdam Zuidoost: Test location Kraaiennest, Kraaiennest 48
Do you have to do a corona test in Amsterdam? Or do you have complaints that fit COVID-19 but have to make an essential ride? Then make use of one of our specially equipped COVID taxis.
You can easily book a COVID taxi using the fare calculator on this page. It allows you to pre-pay for your taxi so that there’s as little contact with the driver as possible.
Travelling by taxi ensures you limit the number of contacts along the way, so the virus cannot spread any further. The Dutch institute for public health has drawn up a protocol for the transport of people with (complaints appropriate to) COVID-19. For example, you are not allowed to sit next to the driver, but you are obliged to sit at the back of the taxi.
Safe and responsible transport to corona test locations
Do you need a taxi to the test street, or do you travel by taxi while you have complaints that fit with COVID-19? Then please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Wear a (medical) face mask in the taxi;
- Prebook your taxi ride as much as possible;
- Keep distance from the driver:
- Embark and disembark yourself;
- If possible, sit in the back seat;
- Fasten your seatbelt yourself;
- Place luggage in the luggage compartment yourself or keep it on your lap.
- Pay in advance or with a debit/credit card. Avoid cash payments.
We can only provide COVID-taxi rides in, from or to Amsterdam!
Always a fixed price for your taxi
Of course, you always get a fixed price for your Staxi, even in this time of corona. As you would expect, your Staxi driver ensures a safe and comfortable ride.
Take good care of each other and stay safe!
General public health guidelines
- Wash your hands often.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
- Don’t shake hands with others.
- Use paper tissues to blow your nose and discard them after use.
- Stay at home if you have mild cold-like symptoms
- Give each other enough space
Visit the website of the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment for more information.