Taxi during corona outbreak
Travelling by taxi during the corona outbreak has its advantages. You don’t have to share a taxi with other travellers, like public transport. The driver cleans the corona-sensitive parts of the vehicle, such as the handles and the seatbelts, after each ride.
Furthermore, there are additional guidelines for both drivers and passengers. If you want to travel to a COVID test location by taxi, or you have a vital trip to make but suffer from complaints that fit in with COVID-19, please read on!
Safe and responsible taxiing during the corona outbreak
In addition to general guidelines against the spread of the coronavirus, the Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management has written out a specific protocol for transport by taxi.
The following supplementary guidelines apply to taxi passengers:
- Wear a (medical) face mask in the taxi;
- Prebook your taxi ride as much as possible;
- Keep distance from the driver:
- Embark and disembark yourself;
- If possible, sit in the back seat;
- Fasten your seatbelt yourself;
- Place luggage in the luggage compartment yourself or keep it on your lap.
- Pay in advance or with debit/credit card. Avoid cash payments.
Staxi is an Amsterdam based taxi company. When booking, please take our working area into account: we can only provide rides in, from or to Amsterdam!
Do you have to do a corona test in Amsterdam? Or do you have complaints that fit COVID-19 but have to make an essential ride? Then make use of one of our specially equipped COVID taxis.
You can easily book a COVID taxi using the fare calculator on this page. It allows you to pre-pay for your taxi so that there’s as little contact with the driver as possible.
Travelling by taxi ensures you limit the number of contacts along the way, so the virus cannot spread any further. The Dutch institute for public health has drawn up a protocol for the transport of people with (complaints appropriate to) COVID-19. For example, you are not allowed to sit next to the driver, but you are obliged to sit at the back of the taxi.
Taxi to the COVID test street
Are you looking to book a taxi to the test street? Then don’t forget to book your return journey! Add about 30 minutes for the return journey to the time you want to be picked up at home.
There are several test locations in Amsterdam:
- Amsterdam Zuid: RAI (drive-through location), Europaplein 24
- Amsterdam Nieuw-West: Slotervaartziekenhuis, Louwesweg 6
- Amsterdam Nieuw-West: Tuinstadhuis, Plein ’40-’45 1
- Amsterdam Nieuw-West: Sloterdijk, Nikiet Bood Veld, Teleportboulevard
- Amsterdam Noord: Buikslotermeerplein, P1
- Amsterdam Noord: Atalmedial, Gentiaanplein 38
- Amsterdam Zuidoost: Atalmedial, Kleiburg 38 B
- Amsterdam Zuidoost: Bijlmer Sports Centre, Anton de Komplein 157
Always a fixed price for your taxi
Of course, you always get a fixed price for your Staxi, even in this time of corona. As you would expect, your Staxi driver ensures a safe and comfortable ride. You can reach our dispatch center 24/7 via WhatsApp. Of course, you can also call us.
Take good care of each other and stay safe!
General public health guidelines
- Wash your hands often.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
- Don’t shake hands with others.
- Use paper tissues to blow your nose and discard them after use.
- Stay 1.5 metres (2 arms lengths) away from other people.
- Stay at home if you have mild cold-like symptoms
- If someone in your household has a fever, then you should all stay at home until fully recovered.
Visit the website of the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment for more information.