Do you use a wheelchair? Staxi offers you the opportunity to be safely transported to any destination with our wheelchair accessible taxis. And because we give a fixed price for each reservation, you know in advance exactly how much the ride will cost you. That way, you won’t be surprised to find out that the ride was a lot more expensive than you anticipated. That’s a nice thought!
The fixed price taxiBook a taxi for a fixed price. No surprises afterwards.
Safely from door to doorYour driver takes the fastest route and brings you safely to your destination.
Our professional drivers know their way around.
How to book a wheelchair taxi
You can reserve a wheelchair taxi easily using the taxi fare calculator on this page:
- Enter the address where you want to be picked up;
- Also, enter the destination;
- Is someone travelling with you? Then fill in how many passengers in total are riding along;
- Indicate when you need the transport. You will now see the fare;
- Now fill in your contact details so that the driver can call you when he is almost there;
- Choose how you want to pay. You can pay in advance or in the taxi itself;
- Place your reservation; you will receive a confirmation by e-mail.
Would you rather order by phone? No problem! Even then, you will get a fixed price in advance. You can also send us an e-mail or a WhatsApp message.
We usually do not have extra wheelchairs in the taxi. However, we can bring a wheelchair to get you in and out of the taxi for a small additional charge.
The reasons to book a wheelchair taxi with Staxi:
- For a ride with the wheelchair taxi, you will always get a fixed price in advance.
- With a wheelchair taxi, you are mobile. We will gladly take you to the most excellent places our country has to offer. Of course, you can also order a wheelchair taxi for appointments at the doctors or the hospital.
- We use adapted taxis for safe transport by wheelchair.
- The driver will board you into the taxi skillfully and secures your wheelchair according to the Code VVR (Safe Transport of Wheelchairs). Every year, our wheelchair drivers follow a practical course.
- Of course, you can take one or more travelling companions with you.
Wheelchair taxi costs
Wheelchair transport is subject to fixed rates and a minimum price of € 35,- per ride. The costs for a wheelchair taxi are slightly higher than for a regular taxi. That is because availability is limited, and the driver often has to travel further to pick you up. With the taxi fare calculator on this page, you can calculate the price of your ride in no time.
Need a taxi as soon as possible?
We apply a minimum reservation time of 12 hours. If you need wheelchair transport now, call our dispatch centre, and we will look into the possibilities.
Wheelchair taxi Amsterdam
Do you need wheelchair accessible transport in, from or to Amsterdam? We will gladly pick you up and take you to a lovely destination in Amsterdam or the surroundings. How about a visit to the Keukenhof? Or take a tour through Amsterdam by taxi. The driver will take you to the most beautiful places for a fixed rate per hour. Also, if you temporarily use a wheelchair and need transportation to work, we are happy to be of service.
Do you have special wishes? Please contact us to discuss the possibilities. We are happy to think along with you!
Frequently asked questions
At Staxi you can order a taxi in different ways.
- Via this website. Tap the booking button to get to the taxi fare finder, calculate the costs and book your taxi;
- With the Staxi App;
- Through a WhatsApp message;
- By phone.
Do you have a special request, or do you need a quotation? Please contact us; we are happy to help you out!
When you book a taxi with us, you will get a fixed price in advance. The exact cost depends on several things.
The distance of the ride
Of course, you will pay less for a shorter ride. However, our rate per kilometre decreases as the total distance increases. That is unique because most drivers use their taximeter, which charges a fixed amount for each kilometre. As a result, you are off cheaper with Staxi than with other taxi companies.
The type of vehicle
A ride in a regular taxi is cheaper than a ride in a taxi van. When you pre-book your taxi with us, the difference in costs between a minivan and sedan is smaller than when you flag down a cab on the street or get in at a taxi rank. In that case, the driver will charge the meter rate, which is more expensive than our fixed rates.
Supply and demand
Just like a plane ticket or a night in a hotel, the fare for the same trip can fluctuate, depending on supply and demand. For example: in extreme weather conditions, such as heavy snow, the need for taxi transport increases rapidly, which makes the price rise. The same journey can also be a lot cheaper, for instance, travelling at a quiet time.
As such, Staxi works with peak and off-peak hours. Our software automatically adjusts the fares based on supply and demand. In quiet moments, you will travel even cheaper with Staxi.
Calculate the fare for your taxi ride easily with our taxi fare calculator or via the Staxi App!
Staxi has no minimum or maximum reservation time. You can order a taxi at any time.
Tip: When you book a taxi with the Staxi App, you can see precisely where the driver is and what time he or she will arrive.
At Staxi you can pay for your taxi in any way you like. Because we work with fixed prices, it is possible to pay in advance via your trusted payment environment such as iDeal, Sofort or PayPal.
Would you rather pay on-site with the driver? That’s possible too! Our drivers accept cash as well as debit and credit card payments. Without any extra costs, of course!