Are you looking for a taxi to get to Amsterdam Schiphol Airport? Play it safe and book a Staxi! With over 800 licensed drivers, fixed prices upfront, and 24/7 availability, we are here for you when you need us most!
Travel cheaply from all over the Netherlands to Schiphol by taxi. And while you’re here: book your return directly. You can’t beat it for the price!
The fixed price taxiBook a taxi for a fixed price. No surprises afterwards.
Safely from door to doorYour driver takes the fastest route and brings you safely to your destination.
Our professional drivers know their way around.
Book a taxi to Schiphol Airport
You can book a taxi to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS) in several ways:
- Go to the taxi calculator, fill in the trip details, and you will immediately see the fixed price;
- Download the Staxi App, order your taxi to Amsterdam Airport and follow your driver in real-time;
- Send ‘taxi’ to WhatsApp and book your Schiphol Airport taxi on the fly;
- Contact us by phone. Even then, you will get a fixed price!
You can pay for the taxi in the way that suits you best. You can pay securely online with iDeal, PayPal or your credit card. You will receive the invoice automatically by email.
A fixed price for your taxi to Schiphol
Are you ordering a Staxi? Then you know one thing for sure: you get a fixed price in advance. That also applies to a cab ride to and from Schiphol. The rate is set and will not change after you have booked.
✓ No baggage allowance
✓ No night surcharge
✓ No metered fare
✓ No hidden costs
Schiphol taxi with multiple stops
Why not take the taxi to Schiphol together if you also travel together? At Staxi, you can easily arrange a ride to Schiphol with one or more stops. Add the stops in the online booking form, and you will get a tailor-made, fixed price. You can add as many addresses as you want!
Are you travelling with more than four people, or do you have a lot of luggage? Then you can book a taxi bus to Schiphol.
Schiphol taxi: Round trip
Why not close the circle and book your return ride while at it? Take advantage of our competitive rates and excellent service by booking your return taxi immediately. Please provide your flight number when booking so we can watch when you have landed. We’ll keep in touch while you wait for your carry-ons.
Let us know when you have all your luggage, and we will ensure your Schiphol taxi is ready. We will pick you up at the Staxi Pickup point at the airport. We operate 24 hours a day, so when you need a Schiphol ride, Staxi is ready!
Pickup from Schiphol Airport
Are you looking for a taxi from Schiphol Airport to your destination in the Netherlands? We’ve got you covered! Book your taxi from Schiphol Airport with Staxi for a hassle-free transfer. Our friendly, experienced drivers are always available around the clock and ready to take you anywhere you need to go.
Taxi to Schiphol Airport at night
Do you have to go to Schiphol at night for an early flight? Take no chances and book a taxi at Staxi if you have to go to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol at night. Often the trains are not running yet, and what if that one train that does go cannot continue because of a malfunction?
Of course, you can ask a friend or neighbour to take you to Amsterdam Airport in the dead of night. Or you opt for the Staxi service! Our drivers are available around-the-clock, so someone can always take you to the airport.
How long in advance to book a taxi to Schiphol?
As a traveller, you naturally want to arrive at the airport well in advance. This way, you avoid last-minute stress. We recommend checking the Schiphol website for their advice on arrival time.
With this information and our drivers you can always count on, you are sure everything is arranged on time. Now you can get back to packing!
Which taxi service to Schiphol?
Finding a reliable and affordable taxi service for a ride to Schiphol is challenging. Imagine waiting in vain for your taxi to Schiphol Airport with all your suitcases in the middle of the night. Who are you going to call at this hour?
With Staxi, you never have to worry about that. We are available day and night, and you can also see exactly when the taxi will arrive:
- Did you book your taxi to Schiphol with the Staxi App? Then you will receive a push notification when the driver drives to you;
- Did you book your taxi to Schiphol online or by telephone? Then you will receive a text message with a track & trace link about 20 minutes before the pickup time.
Book your ride at Staxi, and you never have to worry about paying too much for your taxicab to Schiphol Airport. We offer affordable airport transfers to any airport. Our drivers are friendly and knowledgeable, so you can rest assured that your ride will be comfortable and safe!
Cheap taxi to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Do you want a cheap ride to Schiphol but also be sure the taxi arrives on time? Staxi is the answer! We can only give an affordable, fixed price for your Schiphol taxi if you pre-arrange the cab with us and not if you get into a random taxi.
How cheap is cheap, then? For example, you can order a taxi from Amsterdam to Schiphol starting from € 22.50. The final price depends on the pickup address and travel distance.
Facts about Schiphol
- Schiphol is located on the bottom of the former Haarlemmermeer, more than four meters below sea level. Like many other lakes and ponds in the Netherlands, the Haarlemmermeer was also drained. In 1852, this lake turned into land. This makes Schiphol one of the lowest-lying airports in the world (only Rotterdam Airport is even lower).
- After customs, no shop at Schiphol sells chewing gum. Why not? The costs of removing chewing gum from under the seats and from the ground are incredibly high.
- The former control tower of the old Schiphol Airport has been converted into a restaurant. Restaurant WINGS opened in 2009 and is located in the old control tower at Schiphol-East. It is situated on the ground floor of the old building and in the summer you can also sit outside.
- Schiphol has a Baby Care Lounge for families with newborn babies! Mothers who appreciate their privacy or tranquillity can breastfeed their babies here. There are curtains in the room, with which you can shield yourself and your baby for a while. And there are cribs and cots for little ones who need a nap.
- Between 120,000 and 180,000 pieces of luggage are processed at Schiphol every day. The underground network of baggage belts is no less than 30 km long.
- Your suitcase travels an average of 2.5 km before it arrives at the plane.
- More than 2,000,000 hamburgers are eaten at Schiphol every year.
- Have you ever flown from Gate A? Impossible! This gate does not exist. Pronouncing the A and E in English and Dutch has caused confusion and missed flights in the past. Gate A has therefore been abolished!
- During the 100th anniversary in 2016, His Majesty King Willem-Alexander awarded the predicate ‘Royal’ to Schiphol Group. Since then, there has been a crown in the company logo, and the name is ‘Royal Schiphol Group’.
- Royal Schiphol Group has four owners: the State of the Netherlands (69.77%), Amsterdam (20.03%), Rotterdam (2.20%) and Groupe ADP (the company that operates Paris airports, 8.0%).
Book a taxi to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Do you want to order a taxi to Schiphol? Book a Staxi! Not only are you assured of a fixed price, but we also ensure a tidy, helpful driver in a neat taxi. You’ll save money on every trip because our fares are cheaper than the metered fares.
Use the online taxi fare calculator or the Staxi App to calculate the costs of a taxi to Schiphol Airport. Even if you arrange your taxi ride to Schiphol with us by phone or via WhatsApp, you will receive a fixed price in advance!
Frequently asked questions
You will get a fixed price when you pre-book a taxi with us. The exact fare depends on several things:
The distance of the ride
Of course, you will pay less for a shorter ride. However, our rate per kilometre decreases as the total distance increases. That is unique because most taxi companies offer a metered fare based on a fixed amount for each kilometre. As a result, you are off cheaper with Staxi than with other taxi companies.
The type of vehicle
A ride in a regular taxi is cheaper than a ride in a taxi van. When you pre-book your taxi with us, the cost difference between a minibus taxi and a sedan is smaller than when you flag down a cab on the street or get in at a taxi rank. In that case, the driver will charge the meter rate, which is more expensive than our fixed rates.
Supply and demand
Just like a plane ticket or a night in a hotel, the fare for the same trip can fluctuate depending on supply and demand. For example: in extreme weather conditions, such as heavy snow, the need for taxi transport increases rapidly, which makes the price rise. The same journey can also be a lot cheaper, for instance, travelling at a quiet time.
As such, Staxi works with peak and off-peak hours. Our software automatically adjusts the fares based on supply and demand. In quiet moments, you will travel even cheaper with Staxi.
That depends on the location where you want to be picked up. Usually, there is a minimum booking time of 60 minutes. In some areas, it is longer and in others shorter.
Tip: When you book a taxi with the Staxi App, you can see precisely where the driver is and what time he or she will arrive.
At Staxi, you can pay for your taxi in any way you like. Because we work with fixed prices, it is possible to pre-pay via your trusted payment environment, such as iDeal, Sofort or PayPal. Of course, you can also pay securely online with your credit card. Without extra costs!