Are you looking for a dependable and affordable taxi service to arrange your transport to or from Amsterdam Central Station? Then make sure to book at Staxi! In just a few clicks, you’ll know the fixed price for your route. Quickly booked through our website or taxi booking app. Fixed price, no surprise!
The fixed price taxiBook a taxi for a fixed price. No surprises afterwards.
Safely from door to doorYour driver takes the fastest route and brings you safely to your destination.
Our professional drivers know their way around.
Always a fixed price for your taxi
When you book a taxi at Staxi, you get a fixed price in advance. That’s different if you board a random taxi at Amsterdam Central Station, in which case you are a so-called ‘hailing customer’. Consequently, the driver is obliged to turn on his taxi meter. The rate per kilometer is almost €2.50. Add to that the boarding rate ánd the time rate.
When you pre-book your taxi through our website, the Staxi App or by phone, you’ll shift from being a hailing customer to being a pre-booking customer. In the Netherlands, and especially in Amsterdam, that’s a big difference.
Only when you pre-book with us, we can offer you a fixed price. And it doesn’t necessarily have to be hours or days in advance. Even if you’ve just arrived at Central Station, you can pre-book a taxi.
A fixed price with each Staxi reservation means:
✓ No metered fares
✓ No luggage surcharge
✓ No initial fee
✓ No nighttime surcharge
✓ No hidden costs
What’s more, you won’t be charged extra if you want to pay by card. A fully licensed and well-educated driver picks you up and brings you to your stated destination for a modest fare. Use our taxi fare finder or the Staxi App to calculate the price for your Staxi ride in no time.
Book a taxi from or to Amsterdam Central Station
- State your pick-up address and the destination. To select Amsterdam Central Station, type ‘Amsterdam Centraal’ and click on the train icon.
- Select the number of passengers and the desired vehicle type.
- When do you want to be picked up? Enter the date and time. You will now see the fixed fare.
- The driver will call you when he is (almost) at the door. Please enter your name and phone number.
- Do you want to pay in advance, or would you rather pay on-site? Select your payment method and make your reservation!
Why book a taxi at Staxi?
If you book a Staxi, you can be sure of:
- Always a fixed price in advance
- On-time and safely from door to door
- A helpful and certified driver
We train our drivers at our Staxi Academy. As a result, we know each of our 500+ drivers personally.
Pick-up location at Amsterdam Central Station
When you need a pickup from the Central Station, your driver will await you at the Western Kiss & Ride on the riverside of the station. The Kiss & Ride is close to where the NDSM ferries depart, near the regular taxi stand and at Steiger 14.
Just before your requested pickup time, the driver will call you to see if you’re ready. Maybe the train is delayed, or you stopped at one of the shops at the station.
Important: if you are ready for departure, make sure you walk past the regular taxi rank, towards the Kiss & Ride at the side of the ferries. We’ll pick you up here. When you take a regular taxi from the stand, you pay a much higher metered fare and, unfortunately, not our agreed price. Taxis can’t pick you up in front of the Central Station.
From Amsterdam Central Station, your driver will take you quickly and safely to your destination.
Amsterdam Central Station to Schiphol Airport
Do you need a transfer from Amsterdam Central Station to Schiphol Airport? Consider booking a Staxi! Our mission is to give our clients peace of mind. Every time. That’s why we offer fixed prices on all journeys, including Schiphol Airport transfers.
It doesn’t matter how much luggage you bring or what time you book your taxi for: the price is always the same. We guarantee it!
Three facts about Amsterdam Central Station
- Amsterdam Central Station is the largest train station in Amsterdam. The station was built between 1881 and 1889 and was designed by the Dutch architect Pierre Cuypers.
- Amsterdam Doctor & Pharmacy: Unique in the Netherlands! A combination of general practitioner, pharmacy and laboratory at a railway station. Open to everyone 7 days a week; registration is not necessary. Via the so-called Dr Robot, you can even pick up your medication or buy self-care products 24 hours a day. Located at Amsterdam Central Station in the IJ-hal on the far west side (near the taxi rank).
- Amsterdam Central Station has a royal waiting room. The royal waiting rooms are used by members of the royal family and their guests. The entrance to this ‘King’s Pavilion’ is on the east side, in a separate castle-like building.
Frequently asked questions
At Staxi you can order a taxi in different ways.
- Via this website. Tap the booking button to get to the taxi fare finder, calculate the costs and book your taxi;
- With the Staxi App;
- Through a WhatsApp message;
- By phone.
Do you have a special request, or do you need a quotation? Please contact us; we are happy to help you out!
When you book a taxi with us, you will get a fixed price in advance. The exact cost depends on several things.
The distance of the ride
Of course, you will pay less for a shorter ride. However, our rate per kilometre decreases as the total distance increases. That is unique because most drivers use their taximeter, which charges a fixed amount for each kilometre. As a result, you are off cheaper with Staxi than with other taxi companies.
The type of vehicle
A ride in a regular taxi is cheaper than a ride in a taxi van. When you pre-book your taxi with us, the difference in costs between a minivan and sedan is smaller than when you flag down a cab on the street or get in at a taxi rank. In that case, the driver will charge the meter rate, which is more expensive than our fixed rates.
Supply and demand
Just like a plane ticket or a night in a hotel, the fare for the same trip can fluctuate, depending on supply and demand. For example: in extreme weather conditions, such as heavy snow, the need for taxi transport increases rapidly, which makes the price rise. The same journey can also be a lot cheaper, for instance, travelling at a quiet time.
As such, Staxi works with peak and off-peak hours. Our software automatically adjusts the fares based on supply and demand. In quiet moments, you will travel even cheaper with Staxi.
Calculate the fare for your taxi ride easily with our taxi fare calculator or via the Staxi App!
Staxi has no minimum or maximum reservation time. You can order a taxi at any time.
Tip: When you book a taxi with the Staxi App, you can see precisely where the driver is and what time he or she will arrive.
At Staxi you can pay for your taxi in any way you like. Because we work with fixed prices, it is possible to pay in advance via your trusted payment environment such as iDeal, Sofort or PayPal.
Would you rather pay on-site with the driver? That’s possible too! Our drivers accept cash as well as debit and credit card payments. Without any extra costs, of course!