Arranging an airport transfer can be a hassle if you use a wheelchair. Staxi can help! Book a wheelchair taxi transfer to or from Schiphol Airport today! One of our experienced drivers will ensure a pleasant start to your journey. Use the online booking form or call us to make a reservation. You’ll always get a fixed price in advance.
The fixed price taxiBook a taxi for a fixed price. No surprises afterwards.
Safely from door to doorYour driver takes the fastest route and brings you safely to your destination.
Our professional drivers know their way around.
Schiphol Airport wheelchair taxi
Staxi is always happy to arrange your wheelchair taxi ride, so we are glad to assist with your Schiphol Airport transfer as well. And because we always give you a fixed price in advance, you’ll know exactly how much the taxi to Schiphol will cost. That’s nice, of course, but it’s equally great when you can count on a helpful and reliable chauffeur or chauffeuse.
We guarantee that our wheelchair taxi service will exceed your expectations. “Polite. Thoughtful. Super nice. Friendly and knowledgeable.” These are just a few reviews others have given to our wheelchair taxi drivers.
Book your wheelchair-accessible transfer on time
Our fleet’s number of wheelchair taxis is limited, but the demand is relatively high. That’s why it is vital to arrange your wheelchair taxi transfer in good time. Not only do we take passengers to and from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, but we also provide wheelchair rides to hospitals and other healthcare institutions.
The sooner you book, the better we can coordinate our planning. This way, you can be sure of a worry-free transfer!
Easy pickup from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Your driver will call you when your plane has landed. As soon as you are ready for the transfer, the driver will go to the Staxi Pickup point, near departure hall 3 door D. Would you prefer to be picked up at the arrival hall? That is possible for an additional cost. Contact us to discuss your requirements!
How much does a Schiphol Airport transfer by wheelchair taxi cost?
We work with fixed rates in advance. This applies to all journeys you book with us, including wheelchair transport to and from Schiphol. Below you will find a few sample rates for a ride to Schiphol Airport:
|Wheelchair taxi to Schiphol Airport||Fixed fares from:|
|From Amsterdam||€ 50.25|
|From Rotterdam||€ 181.25|
|From Utrecht||€ 138.50|
|From Haarlem||€ 82.50|
|From Den Haag||€ 136.50|
Calculate in a few steps how much your wheelchair-accessible transfer costs. Go to the booking form for wheelchair taxis and enter the requested information. In the second step, you will see the exact fare.
Book a round-trip
Are you ready to book your wheelchair-accessible taxi transfer to or from Schiphol Airport? Why don’t you go the whole nine yards and book a round trip while you’re at it? Then all your transport is arranged from A to Z.
Tips for a flight with a wheelchair
- There are only a limited number of places on the plane for passengers with mobility impairment. So book your trip well in advance!
- Make sure you are at the airport well on time to have plenty of time for everything.
- Can’t take a seat in a loaner wheelchair from Schiphol Airport, but do you want to go to the gate seated in your own wheelchair? Then you must indicate this in advance when making your reservation. You need a medical certificate for this.
- You cannot operate the wheelchairs that Schiphol provides yourself. If you are travelling without an escort, request Schiphol Airport assistance. You must do this at least 48 hours in advance.
- You need a medical certificate to take certain medicines or medical devices with you. Most airlines allow you to bring additional medical hand luggage for free. There is a maximum of 15 kg, but what is allowed differs per airline. Make sure you get information about this before you book!
- If you bring medication, take an overview with the international names on them with you. And pack all your medicines in your hand luggage!
- Take your seat cushion into the plane and do not leave it on your wheelchair. Not only will you sit comfortably on the plane, but you will also not run the risk of the cushion being lost or damaged in the hold.
- Write your destination and contact details on a label and attach it securely to your wheelchair.
- Remove as many loose parts from your wheelchair as possible and bring them with you in your (medical) hand luggage. If this is not possible, secure the loose parts with tape. Also, take the tape with you on your trip so that you can do the same for the return flight. Your wheelchair will be transported unpackaged or in the packaging supplied by you.
- Does your mobility equipment have a battery? Then its transport is subject to conditions. Check this in advance with your airline or tour operator!
- The maximum height of mobility equipment to be transported is 80 – 86 cm (depending on the airline and the aircraft type) on European and 119 cm on international flights. Is your wheelchair more oversized? On request, it’s still possible to take the wheelchair with you, but because it’s then loaded on its side, damage can occur. Watch this carefully!
- Usually, you will enter the plane first and exit last. Do you have other wishes? Please indicate this when booking.
A lot of preparation is needed to go on a stress-free flight, whether you use a wheelchair or not. Our best advice is to discuss your wheelchair trip with your airline or travel organization.
If you book your Schiphol Airport transfer by wheelchair taxi through Staxi, that is one less thing to worry about! We will transport you according to the general guidelines for safe transportation of wheelchair users.
Frequently asked questions
At Staxi you can order a taxi in different ways.
- Via this website. Tap the booking button to get to the taxi fare finder, calculate the costs and book your taxi;
- With the Staxi App;
- Through a WhatsApp message;
- By phone.
Do you have a special request, or do you need a quotation? Please contact us; we are happy to help you out!
When you book a taxi with us, you will get a fixed price in advance. The exact cost depends on several things.
The distance of the ride
Of course, you will pay less for a shorter ride. However, our rate per kilometre decreases as the total distance increases. That is unique because most drivers use their taximeter, which charges a fixed amount for each kilometre. As a result, you are off cheaper with Staxi than with other taxi companies.
The type of vehicle
A ride in a regular taxi is cheaper than a ride in a taxi van. When you pre-book your taxi with us, the difference in costs between a minivan and sedan is smaller than when you flag down a cab on the street or get in at a taxi rank. In that case, the driver will charge the meter rate, which is more expensive than our fixed rates.
Supply and demand
Just like a plane ticket or a night in a hotel, the fare for the same trip can fluctuate, depending on supply and demand. For example: in extreme weather conditions, such as heavy snow, the need for taxi transport increases rapidly, which makes the price rise. The same journey can also be a lot cheaper, for instance, travelling at a quiet time.
As such, Staxi works with peak and off-peak hours. Our software automatically adjusts the fares based on supply and demand. In quiet moments, you will travel even cheaper with Staxi.
Calculate the fare for your taxi ride easily with our taxi fare calculator or via the Staxi App!
That depends on the location where you want to be picked up. Usually, there is a minimum booking time of 60 minutes. In some areas, it is longer and in others shorter.
Tip: When you book a taxi with the Staxi App, you can see precisely where the driver is and what time he or she will arrive.
At Staxi you can pay for your taxi in any way you like. Because we work with fixed prices, it is possible to pre-pay via your trusted payment environment such as iDeal, Sofort or PayPal. Of course, you can also pay securely online with your credit card. Without extra costs!