It seems like the year just started and suddenly it’s December already. The pepernoten are on sale; that means that Christmas is coming! Naturally, you’ll get a fixed price for your Staxi during the holidays as well!
Taxi on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
During these cold, dark days, it’s particularly comfortable to travel by taxi. The public transport follows an adjusted timetable and runs much less frequently, but we’re there when you need us. When you pre-book your Staxi, you’ll get a fixed rate as usual. There are no extra costs or hidden fees.
TIP: Are you struggling to find the best Christmas presents? Check out the I Amsterdam website for some original ideas.
Taxi on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day
Travel safely and warm by taxi on New Year’s Eve to a very merry party to usher in 2020. Or take a taxi to your family on New Year’s Day to wish them a happy New Year! Due to the great hustle and bustle around New Year’s Eve, you can reach us through WhatsApp only between 20:00 and 08:00 hours.
The demand for taxis on New Year’s Eve is much higher than the supply. Therefore, the fixed price will be slightly higher than you’re used to. Still, you’ll know in advance exactly how much the ride will cost in total. There will be no extra, hidden costs.
What to do during the holidays in Amsterdam
Did you have enough gingerbread and turkey and are you looking for some fun activity during the Christmas season? For inspiration, we drew up a list with several activities!
- Amsterdam Light Festival 2019. From 28 November to 19 January. This year’s theme for the eighth edition of the festival is ‘Disrupt’, the famous statement by the Canadian scientist Marshall McLuhan. Admire the light sculptures from the water (with a tour boat) or the shore.
- Ice*Amsterdam. From 16 November to 2 February you can skate on the Museumplein. Visit Ice Village Amsterdam, a winter village with Christmas accessories, live entertainment and much more.
- Nutcracker & Mouse King – National Opera and Ballet. The classic Nutcracker story brought with a traditional Dutch touch. On view from 14 to 31 December.
- Flirterz NYE 2019 – The Box Amsterdam. A masked ball with stunning entertainment and fantastic special effects during this special NYE edition of Flirterz.
- Hortus by night. The Hortus Botanicus is transformed into a fairytale scene with thousands of lights. On several evenings between 19 December and 5 January, you can enjoy the magical botanical garden at a reduced rate.
We wish you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
We take this opportunity to wish you, all the passengers we have transported this year, our drivers, colleagues and partners the best for 2020! We’ll be there for you in the new year!
Keep an eye on our website and socialmedia channels for exciting promotions and the latest developments. Happy holidays!Book a taxi